Monday, April 19, 2010

Publicis- Saatchi & Saatchi






Wow. For the first couple of minutes I thought this as was promoting smoking. The badass (prodigy like) music reminded me of what Marlboro does for it's product. The image of the cigarette men dancing around and playing with fire made it seem like they could do anything they wanted. They emitted the care-free, badass, I don't care that cigarettes are dangerous- I know they're dangerous and I like it mentality. However, when the little paper cigarette men start burning in the fire, you know it's an anti-smoking ad. It was a riveting way to promote anti-tobacco because you want to join the party untill someone gets hurt. I liked the human intervention at the end because it made it more "real". It was sad when the guy saw all the little dead fellas lying in their own ashes. Essentially, if you die from smoking, you do turn into what you smoke-ashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment